Monday, July 07, 2008

Happy 4th!

We went on a quick trip to Idaho for the 3 day weekend, and celebrated the 4th of July with my grandparents and aunts and uncles in Idaho. I love Idaho and I love being with my family. I also love that Idaho apparently doesn't enforce any laws that prevent you from blowing up bomb-force explosives in the celebration of independence.

We had the opportunity to visit the new Rexburg temple. It is beautiful and has murals painted by one of my dad's college professors. We also got to see what my grandparents have been doing in the genealogy lab up at BYU Idaho. We rode their 4-wheeler, I had never rode one before, and now I am trying to justify trading in my car for one. I don't have too many pictures, but here are a few:
This is Grandma and Grandpa in a field of Mule-Ear Daisies.


This is the whole group getting ready for the annual canoe trip down the Snake river. (We defended our championship and finished first.)


This is me and Bryce (and my cousin Becca being covered by my elbow :$ ) on top of Monkey-Rock.

This is me jumping off Monkey-Rock. The water was not very deep and not very warm, but it was still very fun. Work is feeling a lot less adventurous today.

4 comments:

Steffy said...

You look so happy and gorgeous! I'm glad you had a great vacation!

Camie and JD said...

I love the new pictures! cute swimsuit

Camie and JD said...

I love the new pictures, I love the swimsuit too!

Sonya said...

Are you wearing earrings? In the water that will steal them? Yay for bathing suit!