Monday, August 04, 2008

Timp Trip
This weekend Trent, Bryce and I hiked Mt. Timpanogos. It was so much fun! We left at 1:00 so we could get to "the saddle" before the sun came up. It was Trent's first time and he was probably pretty worried by the fact that we got lost several times. (I was worried!) Despite our scenic route we made it to the saddle well before sunrise, and happily no one died along the way.
This is the three of us at the summit before we slid down the snowfield. (My favorite part, not including the foot-rub after the hike was done.)This is Provo (the orangey lights) and Orem (the white lights) seen from the saddle before sunrise.This is us at the saddle . This trip was kind of dorkishly significant because two years ago , before we were dating, we did this hike and ended up getting together the next week. When we hiked it two years ago I nearly died because someone told me the hike was "9 miles" and I thought they meant 9 miles round trip. I wasn't really mentally prepared for the second half of the the climb, in fact pretty much the only reasons I kept going were: 1. I had a huge crush on Bryce and I didn't want him to think I was a pansey. 2. They promised me we could take a nap at the top and I really really really wanted a nap; bonus cuddles with Bryce made it all worth it :)This is a picture from two years ago of Mikey, Nicolas, me and Bryce in the same spot that the picture above was taken.

3 comments:

Tara said...

love the pictures!
I have only hiked it once - but it is a beautiful hike. I remember feeling sad that that kind of beauty has been "in my back yard" all my life and it took me 20 years to see it.
And - You and Bryce are perfect for each other! I am glad you went on the first hike with him!

Elisabeth said...

You two look so good together! :)

I'm a huge pansy. I spent many many years in Orem/Provo and not once ever hiked to the top of Mt. Timpanogos. I get weird vertigo issues. The fact you were crazy enough to do it in the dark is even more impressive...or crazy! :)

Sonya said...

hee. That is pretty cute. I vaguely remember hearing stories during that time... ;)