Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Eyes
When I went to get my driver's license switched from California to Utah I had to take a little eye test. I have never looked at an eye chart where I could not read all of the letters, but when I looked at this test the entire right side was a hopeless blur. I asked the DMV lady if the right side of the chart was a trick. No, not a trick. She was quite indifferent to my horror. I cannot wink my left eye, so I almost never look through my right eye alone, but I discovered that when my left eye is covered the world is a very blurry place. I made an appointment with an eye doctor and hurried over.
Initially I was horrified at the idea of having broken eyes, but I quickly warmed up to the idea when I realized I could finally get a pair of glasses. There are so many adorable glasses to choose from! And what excellent timing! Just when Sarah Palin is making glasses cool again!
And since only one eye is broken I had an opportunity to resurrect the monocle! A whole new world of style opened before my half blind eyes!
But alas Dr.Monson (who is a wonderful doctor if anyone is looking for one) shattered my hopes. My right eye is nearsighted, but my stupid over achiever left eye is making up for the slackerly ways of its companion. As long as both eyes are open my vision is perfect, and I get no glasses.
poo :(

1 comment:

Sonya said...

hehee. one day you will have wonky underachiever eyes and all will be well. Alas, that day is not today.