Tuesday, September 02, 2008

German Night!
I have just recently read F. Enzio Busche's biography Yearning for the Living God. It was a really excellent book about growing up during the second World War as a German youth. I really like World War II history. I am especially interested in what was going on with normal citizens in Germany. Elder Busche's book really made me understand the way Hitler betrayed his countrymen. I love to hear Bryce's mission stories about Austria and Germany, hopefully I can go see it someday. Reading the biography made me think about a lot of things and of course put me in the mood for some German food; so that is what I made this Friday. We had schnitzel, spaetzle, and german potato salad. Chris came over for dinner and then beat us at Bocce ball. It was a good beginning to a good weekend. Here are some pictures of Germany and Austria from Bryce's mission to go with the German theme.

1 comment:

Steffy said...

Yeah for German day! It sounds like you had so much fun! I also think Bryce got some excellent pictures on his mission! Good work Bryce!