Monday, September 08, 2008



Steff's Baby Shower
This weekend we had a baby shower for Steff. I must admit planning and worrying about this party has been weighing on my mind and taking up an undue amount of brainpower. It is nice to have that brain RAM back! Steff said that she had a good time, and that is really all that matters to me, so I consider the event a success. (Even though baby charades was way too easy.) I forgot to take pictures of the decorations, incase you were wondering, they were blue.

I made tiny "baby food" for refreshments. These little cupcakes were tasty but pretty labor intensive. If you are feeling super adventurous and want to make your own, Bakerella is the lady with all the answers to your tiny cupcake questions.
These were tiny caramel apples (apologies for the blurry photo, remember I was still operating at reduced brain power!) I made them with a melon baller and melted peanut butter chips. So they were not technically caramel apples. They were delicious and easy though!
This is my darling sister and co-caterer Sara; without whom this party would have been dreadfully shabby.
The party culminated with me preforming a song I wrote for Steff that was so beautiful that it brought a tear to Lauri Anne's eye...just kidding, about all of that.
I was so happy that Mom Smith and Deanna could come! No party is complete without them! Mom is fun, but also a highly skilled massage therapist. Seriously if anyone is needing a massage let me know, I'll hook you up ;)

2 comments:

Steffy said...

Yeah! This was the best shower ever! I loved it!!! You & Sara are creative geniuses!

Sonya said...

tiny apples! I love it! sooo cute.