Friday, October 10, 2008

Writing in Books
It wasn't until I was a sophmore in highschool reading, Lord of the Flies, that I realized it was possible to write in books. I filled the pages with notes, ideas and pictures; overjoyed at my newfound freedom. By the time I was a sophmore in college things had quite regressed. Observe the modified diagrams from my biology book:



If I can bring a little joy into my humdrum Biology book, it makes me feel as though all my hard work ain't been in vain for nothin'. Bless you all.

4 comments:

Elisabeth said...

hahaha! You are the best. :) I tell my kids they can do that in their books... but I don't think any of them have even started, much less have gotten this creative!

Steffy said...

I love that you draw all over books. The best is borrowing a book from you :) You are hilarious!

Jamie Densley Fieber said...

You are too funny! Love this post and I think I should start writing and drawing in my books as well!

Sonya said...

I still have a guilty twinge when I take a pen to book. But it is a strange sense of empowerment. I remember your LotF monsters. They were quite scary.