Thursday, November 20, 2008

1 downTa da! Here is piece #1 Mary and Joseph. This is the best thing I have ever made out of clay! (Even better than the little bunny I made in second grade!) I wanted to have Mary and Joseph together because Mary just gave birth in a stinky stable and she probably needs some comforting. They don't have faces, but that is not for any symbolic reason, it's just because I am not experienced enough to make non-goofy faces. (Keep in mind that up until last night my greatest clay creation was the 2nd grade bunny.) This piece is not really done. It needs to dry out, get fired, and then glazed and then refired. Hopefully everything will be done by Christmas!
p.s. Holy War tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

wow, she looks really good for just having a kid! I like your interpretation.