Tuesday, December 09, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

It finally snowed! None of it stuck, but yesterday there was actual snow coming out the sky! I really love snow. Growing up in California I was snow deprived so now I really appreciate it. There were a few things that really surprised me about snow though. TV and movies make snow look a lot different than it actually is and I have realized that other people might suffer the same confusion I did. Remember I love snow, there are just a few things about it that you should know:




6 comments:

Tara said...

Thanks for your latest blog post - I was going through comic withdrawls!
I like snow during the month of December - it always makes things seem more festive.
The rest of the winter I would be fine with it staying up in the mountains. So would Ryan's back. haha

Celena said...

I love your pictures for this blog. I never took the time to notice the differences between real snow and movie snow. Thank you for that. It was very entertaining.

Sonya said...

Ugh. We have spoken of this monstrous tragedy. The lies the media heap upon us are atrocious! I am still weirded out by the cold, wet, strangely dusty chunks of ice that float around when it is "snowing". False advertising.

Elisabeth said...

I definitely agree with you. Everyone here asks me if I miss the snow in Utah, and my answer is always no, and they seemed shocked. I need to show them your blog- that should help them see why! :)

Jamie Densley Fieber said...

I love it! You ARE one of the funniest people I know and I'm so glad we're friends!

Melanie said...

Yep, after 4 years of those lies, I was glad to move away from the snow and wear shorts outside Christmas Morning.