Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Germany Update
Hello from Germany! Hee hee that title looks like it says "Germ any up date" but it is supposed to look like the colors of the german flag ok? Things have been pretty crazy getting settled in Germany, but it has been really fun. Luckily we are living in an arpartment owned by two very kind and helpful people!
This weekend we went to Braunschweig, wich is a large city a couple of minutes away from the little village we live in. Braunschweig, (Brunswick on an English map) is pretty and big, with lots of castle-like buildings and cathedrals.
Here is handsome Bryce sitting infront of a schloss that was rebuilt two years ago. The original was destroyed by bombing in WWI.

There was a Middleages fest going on in the city this weekend it was a lot of fun to see, especially surrounded by so many middle ages buildings.
This is my Pen-pal Heike and her son. We have been writing to eachother for a little over a year and it was really exciting to get to meet her! It is pretty amazing that out of all the places we could have ended up in Germany we are just a few minutes away from where she lives!
Here is handsome Bryce infront of a famous very very old statue of a lion. He is standing about 3 feet away from the place where we saw the most adorable little pug puppy, but the statue was cool too. So far I have been really enjoying it here. Bryce has to work all day, which I do not love, but it is really great to be in the coutryside!

6 comments:

Steffy said...

I miss you! It looks like you are having a good time though. Your pin pall's son looks a lot older than I thought he was. I hope you update with pictures often!

Travis and Celena said...

How fun! I love old buildings like the ones in your pictures. I would be in photo heaven if I were with you. I love taking pictures of old buildings. I know I am weird. I am glad everything is going well for you.

Sara said...

Ooh that looks like fun. That's really cool that you get to be so close to your pen pal too! I miss you!

Haley! said...

Yay! I am glad you are having fun in Germany. Love ya!

Camie and JD said...

Hey you said that Bryce works all day so that must mean that he got the internship right?!! Let us know how he likes it. We miss late night settlers, and killer bunny games. Can't wait to see you at the end of the summer.

Jamie Densley Fieber said...

So jealous that you get to be there but it must be so much fun! Keep the pictures coming and we'll play when you guys come back!