Wednesday, December 09, 2009

How to Really Avoid Being a Fashion Victim

I stumbled upon and read this article today, Avoid Being a Fashion Victim. I read it and their advice is ok I guess, but I found it lacking, so I wrote my own guide:

Rachel's How to Really Avoid Being a Fashion Victim tips:

1. Only watch Mythbusters on TV, that way the only fashion trends you will be exposed to are snarky T-shirts.

2. If three of your last five purchases are must-haves from 1992 you are in danger of being a fashion victim.3. Examine your closet using the "smell test".4. Ask yourself if you own a slanket.

5. If you can't be honest about the slanket it's time for an intervention...

6. Dude, I know you have a slanket alright? Just wear a robe instead!!!

7. Never ask for help in department stores, if you can't figure a fad out you will be too ashamed to buy it.8. Don't learn how to pronounce tricky French or Italian names, again the shame factor will save you from doing something you will later regret.

9. What the heck is a Chi Chi logo? Sounds like my mom wouldn't approve...

10. If you say the word "fad" enough times it starts to lose all meaning and seem like a fake word, this is fun to do.

2 comments:

Haley! said...

Ohh, shame on me! I thought Nissan was pronounced neese-on instead of nis-an... shame...

McRachie said...

Haley is an excellent example of going above and beyond #8, she not only won't learn how to pronounce French and Italian names she even refuses to differentiate them from Japanese names!