Thursday, February 11, 2010

Subtlety

I used to be a secretary. Now I am a project manager and graphic designer. The problem is that my desk happens to be the one closest to the door so when people walk in they think I am the secretary.

There's nothing wrong with being a secretary, the trouble is that people are not usually very nice to secretaries. At UVU people would come in all the time and expect me to drop everything to help them with their little problems. That was usually ok, because that was my job.

Now, there are not many people that come in, but when they do it is terribly annoying to have someone expect me to drop everything. Some things cannot be dropped!

So I have discovered a few ways to subtly signal to people that I am not a secretary :


Works every time.

No comments: