Monday, August 30, 2010

The New Bed!

Handsome Bryce McEwen and I have been doing some projects around the house. We decided it would be nice to have a new duvet cover, and set out looking at different deals on the internet. We found some pretty cheap ones, but we weren't sure about the quality. Then one day it hit us like a stack of bricks, we could make our own! Seriously, it's two large squares sewn together! How hard could that be?Turns out, not very hard at all. We got our white fabric for cheap in the fabric district in LA. Thanks to Haley and Clairice for helping us hunt it down!
I wanted black satin pillow cases, because I was afraid black cotton would look dusty all the time. It turns out it was tricky to find decent quality black satin pillow cases, and impossible to find them for a decent price. (Seriously people who make bedding, everything you sell is essentially two squares sewn together! Who are you kidding???) So I made my own of those too.

The only thing it is missing now is this FANTASTIC pillow, which I will be making soon. More pictures then!


P.s.
I am ashamed of this, but when I was taking these pictures of my room there was a piece of an otoscope on the floor cluttering up my picture. I saw it and for a second I seriously considered photoshopping it out instead of just going and putting it away in real life! Don't look at my shame.

P.p.s.
Just so you know, Mom, I did put it away in real life.

5 comments:

Haley! said...

Hahahaha! I like the P.P.S. :) Looks amazing!!! :D

Tara said...

can't wait to make pillows with you!

Alan said...

Hi Rachel, this is mom, I'm so relieved that you put it away in real life. I would hate for you to become a hoarder and then you would go on tv and I would have to come and help you clean your house!

M. McEwen said...

So where's the piece of the otoscope? Is this like Where's Waldo?? Or did you just want people to look REALLY closely at your lovely seamstressity? 8^)

McRachie said...

Hee hee hee the otoscope is not in the pictures because I went and moved it (in real life!) before I took the picture.