Thursday, September 23, 2010

Flatty Flat Bread
Looking for a job stresses me out. There is one thing I can always count on to cheer me up though, making bread. I like to make bread anytime, but I especially like it when I am feeling out of sorts.I love the way the warm dough feels, and the miraculous way it rises, (even after I punch it down with violence).
It is comforting to me because even when there are so many things outside of my control; I know that if I just follow the directions, and apply them to my little bowl of ingredients, I can make one thing that is perfect.
Also, I can have a snack after all my perfection making.
Also, my magnificent sister, Sara, gave me this beyond awesome apron:
Now who can stay grumpy in such a fabulous getup?

*p.s.
The flat bread recipe I used is here. The pictures might be misleading, because I did not cook the bread in the microwave. After cooking the bread on the stove I moved it to the microwave because I wanted it to remain soft and flexible. Normally I would move it to a large paper bag to let them stay warm and steamy together, but I didn't have any, so I used the microwave. If you leave them in the open they get too stiff to hold sandwich filling.

4 comments:

Haley! said...

Yay! That apron is cuute!! :) I hope you feel beter about your job status :)

Sara said...

Yay! I'm so happy you like the apron! It looks so cute on you! I love it! Also, the bread looks delicious. I love you!

Camie and JD said...

I love how it looks like a cute dress. It's like your going to prom and cooking at the same time. Your awesome!!!

Clairice said...

I love that apron!! And the bread looks very yummy too! :)