Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Hooray for BYU!
This Saturday was the first BYU football game of the season, and man, it did not come a moment too soon. Handsome Bryce McEwen and I have been, so far, unable to get interested in baseball so we refer to the end of summer as the "sports drought" because of the lack of football and basketball*. (The Olympics are the only remedy to the sports drought.) The first football game is like taking a cold swim in a non-sticky fizzy beverage, after a 2 month walk through the desert.

We were so excited for this game, excited to see who the new quarterback would be, excited to see all the new recruits who replaced our old favorites; but mostly excited to just be back in the stadium screaming and yelling and jumping on the bleachers.
Game Day Toes
This game did not disappoint. It was exciting down to the last play. Best of all BYU beat Washington, with Jake Locker who is supposed to be the best college quarterback in America. Also hooray, maybe people will stop saying that the last time BYU beat them was "controversial" read the rules (9-2, 2c) peasants!!!
Bryce and I rode bikes to the game and back with Preston, Bryce's friend from school. This is a picture of us after we got home, that's why we look happy but disheveled.
This weekend I made molten chocolate cake**. Which I highly recommend, (but only if you have vanilla ice cream to go with it). I had one left over and upon examining it I discovered something exciting!!! Take a closer look:
Yay!

*Soccer is ok, but seriously? You can tie? Lame.
**Paula Deen still gives me the creeps. What is with those eyes???

3 comments:

Haley! said...

Hahaha! I love this! I am glad you and Bryce had fun! Your Byu toes are cool!!! :D

Sonya said...

I can excuse the eyes, because some people look silly when they try not to blink in a picture (though by now, seriously, one would expect some improvement) but combined with the TEETH and the BUTTER FETISH?
She is an Android.
Butter is her oily fuel.

McRachie said...

HAHAHA Butter is her oily fuel!!! I am 100% stealing that line from you! It's funny 'cause it's true.