Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Cookie Monster Cakies

I found this red velvet cake recipe and I have been wanting to try it really really bad. I also saw a picture of cookie monster cupcakes that I also wanted to try really bad. So today the two came together in glorious fashion:The cake is pretty good. Obviously I used blue instead of red food coloring.
For the eyes I used vanilla melties and chocolate chips. I melted a few chocolate chips with some Crisco to make "glue" to hold the chocolate chips in place.

Since Cookie Monster has googly eyes I wasn't super careful about where I stuck the chocolate chips.
I used Rianne's cream cheese frosting recipe, again adding blue food coloring. My friends, this is the best cream cheese frosting I have ever had. Don't forget the lemon extract it makes it soo delicious!
Next I added blue sugar and edible glitter. (Note, edible glitter is known to improve everything by up to 70% !!)
I stuck the eyes on. Be careful while doing this, those pupils are held in place by chocolate, not gorilla glue! (Unless you actually used gorilla glue, then by all means be rough with them.)Next I cut some cookies in half and stuffed one in each Cookie Monster face. It is messy to cut cookies, but that is ok because Cookie Monster is not exactly known for his prim and proper eating habits.

Yay!!

8 comments:

Camie and JD said...

You bake so much and your inspiring me as you do so! Love all your fun creations!

Alyssa said...

That is so cool!

Haley! said...

Those are so cute! They look delectable too!!! :)

Art of Dessert said...

What a fun post! Thanks for sharing your creative cookie monster cupcakes. My sons would LOVE this!
Rianne :-)

Alan said...

They are very cute but still blue.

Sara said...

Hehee they are cute! Plus, for the record of natural blue things:

1. Blue Corn
2. Blueberries
3. Blue Potatoes
4. Poppyseeds
5. Blue raspberry cotton candy

Tara said...

Thank you for sharing your cupcakes with us! My family loved them. However, I do warn that if you change diapers of baby's who have consumed these delicious cupcakes - be prepared to see green. ;)

McRachie said...

Hee hee I'm glad you guys liked them! Also...that doesn't just happen to babies...