Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Reverse Attraction in Action?

Have you heard of felting wool before? Basically you get a pile of wool and prod and shape in into things with a barbed needle. There are some truly amazing sculptures done by Stephanie Metz, using this technique. After looking at her stuff I wanted to give it a try, but I didn't want to go buy a ton of fancy wool. (I'm still looking for a job remember?) So I decided to try it with lint:

Then I started thinking about yesterday's post, and the Reverse Attraction Rule, I decided to introduce Elephanty to the clothes he is made of:Poor Elephanty, he's the saddest lint elephant:
P.s.
Felting with lint is fun, but you are not going to be producing any fabulous works of art with it...probably.

2 comments:

Alan said...

Hmmm... Playing with lint? Maybe we should have bought you more toys as a child. :)

Melanie said...

I can't imagine you get quite as good results with lint as you would with wool since the structure of wool fiber is much more conducive to clinging and shaping. I'm impressed by your results.