Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mexican Pizza

The name of this recipe is actually "Black Bean Pizza" but due to recent black bean failures I decided to call it "Mexican Pizza" to minimize black bean memories. Unlike the brownies, this black bean recipe turned out exceedingly delicious. It reminds me of the Navajo Tacos my mom used to make, (but which I am pretty sure no Navajo people make).I made the pizza dough in the recipe and it was very easy. I added onion powder to the crust, but I don't think that made a significant difference. I pureed the beans and spices in the food processor. (Dear food processor inventor, you are great and I love you, platonically.)
I liked the step of putting it in the over for 3 minutes, I will be doing that with all my pizza doughs now.
After it came out of the oven, I spread the dough with the bean slurry and put salsa on top. At this point I was thinking it looked kind of gross and was having flashbacks of the brownie failure.
I put down a layer of mozzarella cheese and some leftover chicken and peppers from when we had fajitas a few days ago.
I put a little bit of cheddar on top of that and decided things looked a lot better.
After it cooked it looked beautiful! I snipped some cilantro and put that on top for added beautifulness. For some reason uncooked leaves on top of food make it look so much tastier. I loved this, a lot. I want to go get another piece, except the stupid "Daily Plate" will make me feel all guilty about that.

3 comments:

Steffy said...

This looks way better than the brownies!

McRachie said...

Seriously, those brownies were no good!

Haley! said...

Mmm looks yummy!!!!! :D