Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Better Snack

Lately there have been several frozen yogurt places that have suddenly popped up in Provo and Orem. I wanted to try one so I tried to bamboozle Handsome Bryce into going with me by making it the reward for winning a bet. (The outcome of the bet is so far undetermined, unless Max Hall's mom will write to me and tell me if Max's hair is red or brown.)

Even though I didn't win, yet, Handsome Bryce still offered to go try the frozen yogurt with me. So we drove by the first place:
Too crowded. The second place?
Even more crowded! The third place?
Seriously, what is going on? Has science invented a new unimaginably delicious frozen yogurt since I last tried one? I was under the impression that frozen yogurt was just the somewhat less delicious, but supposedly healthy, sister to ice cream. It's a respectable snack, but it isn't that great.

I could understand a mad rush to purchase something magically fantastic, like:
Ok, so that is basically a shish-kabob, but guys, it's steak. Steak is so much more delicious than yogurt!
I would wait in all three yogurt lines to try the Ice Crchurro. As you can see it is a churro injected full of ice cream. (p.s. Spell-Check thinks "churro" is not a word, but it seems to be ok with "crchurro", curious.)
This idea is so great I hope someone steals it from me and starts selling it right now. It is a giant tortilla chip rolled into a cone and filled with nachos. I love nachos, but I do not love their messiness. No more getting cheese-fingers from grabbing individual chips, and no more dropping your toppings! You can eat it like an ice cream cone! Why does this not exist yet???

If you own a frozen yogurt establishment, take a long look at yourself. Isn't it in your best interest to diversify? Please, the people need Nacho Cones!

3 comments:

Alan said...

When you guys come down here we WILL have Ice Crchurro's with chocolate an caramel dipping sauce! I am more excited about that one than the nacho cone. Of course we could (SHOULD) continue our quest for pineapple yogurt-butter-like delicacy.

Rain Coyote said...

Frozen yogurt is overrated; I want Nachos in a cone!

Clairice said...

I think I just fell in love with the Ice Crchurro and I haven't even tasted one yet!! haha (: