Friday, August 05, 2011

Secret Shame

There is a place in Orem called "The Nicklecade."The name is kind of misleading because all the fun games cost multiple nickles. It should really be called the "Two-Dimecade."
When you go to the Nicklecade there are two main types of people you will encounter. There are unwashed teenagers, who are usually surly, and there are probably-washed-teenagers who are really loud. There are other breeds of Nicklecade people, like the quietly-annoyed-about-your-dirty-fingernails patrons, but they are unlikely to come in contact with you.
The Nicklecade is not the best smelling place that you will ever go to. This is what the carpet in the Nicklecade looks like:
It is to hide any unexplained stains associated with unexplained smells. I secretly think this carpet is kind of cool, even though I know about the secret stains lurking there. All of these things are just a layer of defense hiding the real secret treasure of the Nicklecade.

Nicklecade laser-tag. It is my secret shame that I love love love playing laser-tag at the Nicklecade.*
I know it's ridiculous, but I can't deny that it is also ridiculously fun. Somehow when you strap on that cheapy vest and plastic gun you transform into both Jack Bauer and the Master Chief. (Except I am still a girl so...Jackie Bauer?) It is excellent, and in Nicklecade laser-tag you can freely massacre whoever you want without even feeling guilty. So if you feel like scoffing just know that I will take it as a challenge and we will settle it IN THE ARENA!

* Yes, paintball is more fun, but what if my baby is born with a paintball sized dent on him? Hmm? Hmmm?

1 comment:

Sonya said...

I LOVE LASER TAG. I haven't been in ages, but I have never been to paintball so laser tag remains the best thing ever.