Monday, September 19, 2011

Reasons I Hate Halloween, Part 1

It's only Spetember 19th and there are already weird animatronic skeletons chattering at me in the grocery store, giant inflatable spiders encroaching on the garden section, and cheapy ugly Halloween costumes stinking up the candy section.

It's no secret that I am an enemy to Halloween, but I realized I haven't really explained why. Be prepared friends, my reasons are plentiful. Today's reason is, skanky costumes.

Pretty much, any character or profession you can think of has a Halloween costume. The problem is what the costumes are like:



Seriously, what self respecting witch goes out in her undies? The police woman costumes are so rampant that if you Google image search "Police Woman" you won't even get one picture of a regular American police officer. What message is this horrible holiday sending? "Follow your dreams little girls! You can be whatever you want to be, as long as what you want to be doesn't wear clothes!"

You might think that maternity Halloween costumes would be better.
But you'd be wrong about that.
I hate Halloween!

5 comments:

Amanda and Rob Hill said...

Ugh, and the costumes for little girls are getting worse and worse!

McRachie said...

Seriously! You would think pregnant ladies and kids would be safe from flooziness, but not so!

Steffy said...

I'm with you on this one. Also you probably shouldn't visit my house until mid November because there are skeletons and pumpkins and fake (and some real) spiders everywhere. I blame Z.

Camie and JD said...

I agree the costumes are way out of line! There is one thing about halloween that I know will make you smile. Two words... vampire pad

McRachie said...

BAH HAHAHAHAHA!