Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Why Do You Want to Know?

Handsome Bryce and I go to Lowe's and Harbor Freight pretty frequently. Usually we have a project in mind and we wander around the store looking for things that we can use to accomplish the project. Usually that means we buy things and plan to use them for purposes other than what they were originally intended for.

This is really fun to do, until I come in contact with a friendly employee.I never want to tell them what I am making, because I think they will think we are crazy; but I am pretty much completely unable to lie or avoid answering when asked a direct question.
I lied one time and my mom put soap in my mouth. It did something to my brain. If someone hints, or implies something I can side step the inquiry, but if they ask me something directly, no matter how I fight it, I will blurt out the answer.
Pretty much every time I go to one of these stores I go through this process of friendly questions and awkward answers.
Just as the soap poisoning ruined my brain, this cycle has warped my personality.

Sorry craft store lady. I have been conditioned to be awkward even when I am buying normal things and planning on using them for normal purposes.

3 comments:

Haley Dennis said...

Hahaha that was funny and that lady was like, "oh yeah stupid question haha" :)

Sara said...

Hahaha! I can relate! Try explaining what you are doing with wood, wires, and glue without telling them you are making a floatation device for some painted metal ducks to deposit in a duck pond...awkward.

Alan said...

My favorite art store, Home Depot. :)