Monday, October 17, 2011

I'll Only Feed My Kids Organic Stuff

Since I am pregnant, many people like to give me advice. I don't mind advice, sometimes it is really helpful. The thing that confuses me is how passionate people can be about the advice they give. Like if you don't follow their advice you obviously hate your baby.

One thing people are especially vehement about is food. Preservatives, sugar, organic, not organic, salt, trans-fat, death crystals; everyone has an opinion on what will turn your child into a mutant. Careful efforts must be put toward creating a diet that will best prepare your child for success in life.

On the other hand, from what I have observed, kids seem to spend about 98% of their thinking power trying to undermine these efforts. They have their own four food groups.Delicious dust-pans

Delectable doorknobs

Tasty trash

Appetizing all-things-toilet

And they know that you really can't be watching them ALL the time. Resistance is like bringing a fly swatter* to a dairy farm.

*Fly swatters are also a favorite kid snack.

2 comments:

Sonya said...

I think it is hilarious that people get all cranky when there is dirt on the counter (from selling plants, since I'm in the plant department) and I don't immediately whip out the disinfectant. I brush it off with my hand usually. And yet they don't think it is gross when they have shopped so long that their formerly frozen chicken is lukewarm and has ooze all over it. People obsess over the wrong things. Those are usually the people who hand their tantrum-throwing three year old a SODA.

Rain Coyote said...

This is one reason I have a very good immune system.