Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Squish

When I was a year old my mom hatched some chicks. I think uncooked chickens are horrible, but baby chicks are one of the cutest things ever.


So of course I wanted to hold one.


However, as soon as my parents let me hold one, I was overcome by its cuteness which translated into a desire to squeeze and squish it.


Don't worry though. My dad held my hand open so that I could not commit chickicide. Oddly enough, even with him holding my fingers I still strained to squish the chick.



It is troubling, but amazing cuteness still triggers this squish-response in me.



What is wrong with me?

6 comments:

Haley Dennis said...

No squishing you babby Rachel! Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&v=h1JlNY9NsDI&annotation_id=annotation_474032&src_vid=-T2X0JHWz9Y
skip to 6:14 for the funny part :)

Steffy said...

Chickicide.... Hehhe. Best new phrase ever! I'm so excited about super cute E in your comic! You can squish her anytime.

mama bear said...

you're not abnormal. my kids do it too. and by my kids i mean "my kids and i." (p.s. i love that the last picture is totally ezri. how can you not want to squish her? she is just too dang cute)!

Sonya said...

This comic caused a lot of anxiety for me. I saw a chick, and then Young!Rachel, and I was afeared.

Alan said...

Even when I held your hands open so you couldn't squish the chick you started shaking, then tried to put your head down to put the chick in your mouth. Seems like yesterday...:)

McRachie said...

Hahaha! That makes it even better!