Monday, November 07, 2011

Irresponsible

A lady, named Ann Landers, made up this list of rules:
  1. If you open it, close it.
  2. If you turn it on, turn it off.
  3. If you unlock it, lock it up.
  4. If you break it, admit it.
  5. If you can’t fix it, call someone who can.
  6. If you borrow it, return it.
  7. If you value it, take care of it.
  8. If you make a mess, clean it up.
  9. If you move it, put it back.
  10. If it belongs to someone else, get permission to use it.
  11. If you don’t know how to operate it, leave it alone.
  12. If it’s none of your business, don’t ask questions.
These are the kinds of responsible things that responsible adults say. I too would like to be able to go around spouting these kind of sayings, but I am shackled by my guilt. You see, I am pretty much the worst ever at following rules number 1,2,3,8, and 9. I try, I really try, but this is what happens:








I am still working on it. Until I get this down, I just can't feel good about saying grown-up type things.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

This is why I prefer open shelves. Solves my problem. I don't close drawers all the way either, just a halfhearted push.