Friday, February 17, 2012

Waiting

Last month I was grocery shopping when a little old lady stopped to admire my angelic baby.
She started telling me about when she was raising children and about how worthwhile it is. I thought to myself, "How nice to have a conversation with this lady!" but then she leaned in, with her eyes all a-quiver, and said:


I have explained before, I cannot lie if someone asks me a direct question. If I try to lie it doesn't fool anyone, so I just don't bother with it. So I said:



Things really started to go south now. I was trying not to sound smug but she still seemed affronted. So she got some revenge. She was in a Jazzy, so right at stomach level, and she leaned in:


Touche old lady, touche.


But who could have expected this?


It seems like everyone wants to warn me about the horrors I am in for. I am sure it will not always be perfect, but who can complain with a face like this to cheer you up?

Too bad Katie Wetherbee wasn't there to stick up for me. I really liked this post Steffy showed me.

3 comments:

Camie and JD said...

I felt the same way! Lachlynn was a breeze! He is such a handsome boy!

Haley Dennis said...

Satan is just trying to make parents feel like their role is insignificant. I'm glad that you guys won't let him :)

whitney.marie said...

This was hilarious. My husband and I laughed about a billion times. The poor old lady was probably senile...or jealous.