Friday, October 05, 2012

Dollar Store Floral Arrangement

I found this adorable cream colored vase at the thrift store for $1.00, and I have been trying to find something good to put in it. Yesterday McBaby and I went to the dollar store and bought a few bundles of fake flowers (the classiest ones the dollar store had to offer!) and a foam football.

McBaby was probably thinking this football was for him to add to his collection of foam footballs, but I made him  take a nap and then sliced off the top of that ball like it was a loaf of bread.

I don't know how much it costs to just buy a styrofoam ball, but I know they don't sell those at the dollar store and we didn't have time to drive around town hunting for one. Also the football has a nice semi-pointy bottom that helps it sit in the vase.

Then, as if lopping off the top did not shame this football enough, I took the hot glue gun and started sticking flowers all over it. First the big ones, and then the little ones.

I put it on my shelf with my stick arrangement (which I also stuck little dollar store blossoms on, to make things look less deadish.)

Maybe Handsome Bryce will think this is too girly, but it IS a football underneath...

I think it looks pretty cute from the front.

Unfortunately I really under-estimated how many flowers it takes to cover a cheapy foam football, so the back doesn't look too hot right now.
Another dollar store another day I guess!

P.s.
Meanwhile, McBaby has been trying to figure out a way to escape from his crib, to stop me from destroying toys.

No comments: