Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A Squirrel Girl

For the past couple of months I have been trying to prepare McBaby for his new sister. He refers to himself as a baby, and even though he can talk and walk, and sleeps in a big boy bed, he really still is a baby. I have been pointing out smaller babies to him.

He likes to see other babies, and likes to know if they are a boy or a girl, but this may have caused some confusion. McBaby seems to have decided that:

I tried for weeks to explain it.

Things seemed to go pretty well.

But this Sunday, in church I saw him thinking very hard about the family sitting next to us.

I think that he thinks there is a 50/50 chance that we will bring a fun woodland creature home with us in a few weeks, and then we will put bows and dresses on it, and then maybe it will become human sometimes??? He might be disappointed...





5 comments:

The Hills said...

hahaha! A few months ago, after getting my ultrasound and seeing the pictures, Jane emphasized to me that she really wanted me to have a human baby. More specifically, a baby with a face.

McRachie said...

At least she didn't see a 3D ultrasound picture, then she would also have to worry about you having a baby made of mud!

Camie and JD said...

Oh I miss your sense of humor!! J.D. and I were in orem the other day and drove by our old apartment. I couldn't help but think of you guys and all our fun times. Hope you and your family are doing well.

McRachie said...

We miss you too Camie! I hope everything is going great for you and your squirrels!

Cheryl said...

Congrats--Girls are fun. I don't know about squirrels though. They may be a bit more challenging. :)