Thursday, November 07, 2013

Hygiene v. Percieved Beauty

The other day I smelled myself. It's not a good sign when you can smell yourself. I can't think of any time in my life when showers, hair appointments, hair brushes, tooth brushes, unstained clothes, clothes that fit right, and nice make-up have been such a low priority. I also can't think of any time in my life where I have been so lavishly complimented on my appearance.


Before I had kids I got compliments when I did my hair, but no one was ever very enthusiastic about my bed-head first thing in the morning.


People would tell me that they liked my clothes, but no one liked what I was wearing enough to grab it and rub their cheek on the fabric.

And people would tell me I was pretty, but no one, not even Handsome Bryce, ever compared me to a magical, sparkling, princess with the power of levitation.
Not bad.

1 comment:

Travis and Celena said...

So stinking cute! That is one of the most amazing things about kids. Their unconditional love they have for you. Love being a Mom!